Thursday, November 26, 2015

Are You Ready?



This picture has been stored away for a good little while, as I wanted to wait to share for a time it might could be beneficial. Maybe for advertisement? Maybe for inspiration? ...I kept struggling with thoughts about it and how I could use it without just simply posting a cute little gun picture. I could easily slap a “I Got My Gun at Colt’s” on it and use it as a promotional ad...but I just knew something more might could come from it.

Well, my instinct was right. It wasn’t until after the Paris attack and simply thinking about the world we are living in today, that God laid a strong clear message on my heart that I have not second guessed that I needed to share. I constantly struggle with wonder of how I could combine my faith with my work in a unique way to reach others. Pulling out a message that brings God and guns together isn’t always easy... but when you think about it, God is present in every way, shape or form and is relative to any and everything in life, so who was I to ever doubt He wouldn’t give me a light to shine?


THE PICTURE

There are two strong and meaningful words this picture depicts:

Readiness and Fearlessness

Readiness:

One of the top stratedgies in taking preventive measures to decrease the risk of being a victim of crime is to always be READY. When your walking down the ally in the dark, or walking in the sunshine in the park, one should ALWAYS be ready with their personal protection quickly available for draw. Owning and carrying your gun could easily one day save your life. If you missed the news lately, well, I’m here to inform you that crime isn’t getting any less and morals and values aren’t getting any better, and they aren’t going to. These days, you MUST be prepared and READY. 

Just like you have to be ready in times of crime and crisis, the Bible clearly states that we must be READY. If you haven’t read the book of Revelations, you might want to get with it! What’s going on in the world today is predicted cleary in God’s Word, and it endicates that the end of time on this earth is drawing near. 

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places." -Matthew 24:7

Yes, it’s scary and hard to think about, but so is eternal damnation (hell). I’m not writing this to scare you, but to encourage you to search deep within your heart and allow Jesus to enter your life. There is only hope and joy that comes from doing this. Those that choose to believe in Jesus Christ only have a postive future ahead... an eternal future in a place unfathamable that God has created for those who chose to believe (Heaven).

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." -Matthew 25:46

Have you chosen eternal life? Are you ready for the end? Are you ready for when Jesus comes back?

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord." -1 Thessalonians 4:16-7

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." -Matthew 24:36

It reminds me of an ole southern gospel song I love “Are you ready for the trumpets, are you ready for the call? Soon the angels will assemble and usher in the Son of God! Will He come and find you faithful or will He know your name at all? Are you ready for the trumpet? Are you ready for the Call?”

It is my prayer that you will search your heart and make sure you are ready. You never know when your time is up and it’s too late. God’s Word says every person will have the chance to believe and accept Jesus into their heart... please don’t pass your chance up. Believe and be READY! 


Fearlessness:

When you tote a gun, your confidence rises to the top and you feel like you can easily protect yourself and your family if need be. You feel like you are your own policeman able to save yourself. You are FEARLESS because you have protection and can hold your own (with the appropriate amount of training and practice of course). 

Well just as having a form of personal protection creates a sense of fearlessness, so does possessing Jesus in your heart. With everyday life situations, faith-based fearlessness is one of the perks of having God on your side, because we know He is in control and He is who hold’s your future, and a bright future at that. 

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." -2 Timothy 1:7

With everything going on in the world, it is important that we as Christians do not lose sight of our focus and our purpose - focus on eternal life and living for Jesus, serve our purpose by telling others about Him. With our focus kept on Him and not too much on the world, we can still experience the peace and joy He brings (even during these terrible times). 

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Phillippians 4:6-7

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears." -Psalm 34:4


READINESS and FEARLESSNESS

Do you have it in you?

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people." -Titus 2:11

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." -Mark 16:16

As we recongize and thank God for all his blessings in our lives, I felt led that this was the day to share. Over the past week and even on this very Thanksgiving day, my Facebook news feed has been overflowing with immediate prayer request needed for life-threatening illnesses and situations. The point is, you never know what life is going to bring or when your time on earth will be up; however, we must be prepared and THANKFUL that we CAN be prepared and THANKFUL He has a positive plan for us no matter the results, that is if you choose to believe and receive Christ!


Thanks for taking time to read and I pray this will be a blessing to you!

P.s. I did get my guns at Colt’s ;)

(Check out our major Thanksgiving sale going on this week and weekend!)
http://coltsguns.com/

Listen to this four-part harmony quartet sing a beautiful and powerful song!
"Are You Ready?" - Gold City




No comments:

Post a Comment